Ninja pitchers come in both glass and plastic versions. The material depends on the specific model of Ninja blender you purchase. Ninja is a popular brand of blenders and food processors known for their blade technology and variety of pitcher sizes and materials.
Ninja Blender Pitcher Materials
There are pros and cons to both glass and plastic Ninja blender pitchers. Here is an overview of which models come with each material:
Ninja Blenders with Glass Pitchers
- Ninja Professional Blender
- Ninja Mega Kitchen System
- Ninja Foodi Power Pitcher System
- Ninja Smart Screen Blender
- Ninja Supra Kitchen System
- Ninja Kitchen System with Auto IQ
- Ninja Chef Countertop Blender
- Ninja Professional Plus Kitchen System
The glass pitchers included with these models are durable and allow you to see the contents as you blend. Glass pitchers are heavy duty and withstand high powered blending. They are non-porous and do not absorb odors or stains like plastic can. Glass pitchers can safely be used to blend hot ingredients without damaging the container. However, glass does break if dropped or chipped if mishandled. Replacement glass pitchers usually cost $20-60.
Ninja Blenders with Plastic Pitchers
- Ninja Fit Personal Blender
- Ninja Foodi Power Nutri Duo
- Ninja Foodi Power Nutri Blender
- Ninja Foodi Power Nutri Pitcher
- Ninja Foodi Power Nutri System
- Ninja Personal Blender
- Ninja Nutri Ninja Cups
- Ninja Nutri Ninja with Auto IQ
- Ninja Nutri Bowl Duo
The plastic pitchers and cups included with these models are lightweight and often travel friendly. Plastic is more prone to staining and absorbing food odors over time. Plastic can warp, crack or scratch with improper use and from exposure to extreme temperatures or very hot liquids. However, plastic pitchers are typically less costly to replace than glass, usually ranging from $10-40.
Comparing Glass vs. Plastic Ninja Pitchers
Here is a comparison of some of the biggest pros and cons to consider when choosing between glass or plastic Ninja blender pitchers:
Popular Ninja Blender Pitcher Sizes
In addition to material, Ninja blender pitchers come in a variety of sizes. Here are some of the most common sizes:
- 72 oz Pitcher – Many full size Ninja blenders include a 72 oz pitcher which can make large batches for the whole family.
- 64 oz Pitcher – Another common large pitcher size found with models like the Ninja Professional Blender.
- 48 oz Pitcher – A medium sized pitcher good for making 2-3 servings at a time.
- 32 oz Pitcher – A smaller batch size good for 1-2 servings.
- 24 oz Single Serve Cup – Allow quick blending of single serve smoothies or drinks on the go.
- 16 oz Chopper Bowl – Perfect for chopping smaller amounts like herbs, onions, garlic, etc.
Popular Ninja Blender Pitcher Shapes
Ninja blender pitchers come in round or square shapes. Here is an overview:
- Round Pitchers – Typically glass pitchers are round in shape. The rounded corners and rotating blades make it easy to thoroughly blend ingredients in a vortex.
- Square Pitchers – Many plastic Ninja pitchers have a square design. This allows ingredients to chop and process instead of just spin. Square pitchers and bowl shapes are ideal for chopping or mixing thicker ingredients.
Specialty Ninja Blender Pitchers
In addition to standard pitchers, some Ninja blender models come with unique, specialty pitchers:
- Nutrient Extraction Cups – Designed with ridges to thoroughly break down fruits and vegetables for nutrient-rich smoothies. These are included with some Nutri Ninja models.
- Spout Lids – Allow you to pour out thicker blended ingredients without needing to remove the blade. These are great for pouring pancake batter or dressings.
- To-Go Lids – Turn cups into portable size containers perfect for smoothies on the go or meal prep.
- Dough Pitchers – Some models include dough mixer attachments and pitchers ideal for mixing and kneading bread dough.
Popular Replacement Ninja Blender Pitchers
With regular use over time, blender pitchers may need to be replaced. Here are some of the most commonly replaced Ninja blender pitchers:
- Ninja 72 oz Total Crushing Pitcher – This is the standard large size pitcher included with models like the Ninja Professional Blender.
- Ninja 64 oz Blender Pitcher – Another common full size pitcher compatible with blenders like the Ninja Mega Kitchen System.
- Ninja 16 oz Chopper Bowl – Perfect small batch size for chopping and processing wet or dry ingredients.
- Ninja 24 oz Single Serve Cup – For replacing individual sized blending cups with lids.
Ninja also offers a variety of specialty pitchers like blender bowls with spout lids, nutrient extraction cups, dough pitchers, and more. When shopping for replacements, always check your specific blender model to ensure pitcher compatibility.
Tips for Choosing Glass vs. Plastic Pitchers
Here are some tips when deciding between glass and plastic Ninja blender pitchers:
- Glass pitchers allow you to monitor blending, best for hot liquids, thick purees. Go with plastic for travel drinks.
- Get a plastic pitcher set if you want to color code batches (salsa, smoothies, etc). Easier than constantly cleaning one glass.
- Consider smaller plastic batch bowl for small amounts like dressings, dips, sauces.
- Have a set of glass and plastic pitchers and cups for versatility.
- Check if your model allows you to buy accessory pitchers or cups to mix and match.
When it comes to your Ninja blender pitcher, glass and plastic both have their pros and cons. Glass pitchers provide a sturdy vessel for blending that can withstand heat and are easy to monitor contents. Plastic can be more portable, colorful, and lower cost to replace. Consider which features are most important for your usage and look at which pitcher materials and sizes are compatible with your particular Ninja blender model to get the right pitcher for your needs.