As a busy home cook, you rely on your Ninja food processor to chop, blend, and prepare ingredients quickly and easily. But with all those blades, jars, and parts, you might be wondering if you can just pop the components into the dishwasher for cleaning or if handwashing is required. In this article, we’ll go over if and how you can dishwash your Ninja food processor safely and effectively.
Can You Dishwash the Bowl?
The plastic bowl that comes with your Ninja food processor is top rack dishwasher safe. However, due to its size and shape, it may take up a lot of room in your dishwasher. Make sure you’ve loaded up the bottom rack efficiently before placing the bowl on the top. The intense heat and harsh detergents in the dishwasher can warp or cloud plastic over time, so handwashing is recommended for longer life. If you do wash the bowl in the dishwasher, use a gentle cycle and don’t nest other items inside it.
Can You Dishwash the Blade Assembly?
The blade assembly, which includes stacked blades affixed to a stem, can be washed in the dishwasher but should be placed carefully on the top rack. Position it horizontally or with the blades facing down to prevent damage to the dishwasher interior or the blade edges. Avoid nesting other utensils and dishes inside the assembly where food debris can get trapped.
For safety, you may want to hand wash the blades, especially if you have a powerful jet-action dishwasher. The force of the water jets could loosen the blades. Washing by hand prevents loose blades that could cut your fingers when handling the assembly.
Can You Dishwash the Lid and Pusher?
Yes, the plastic lid and food pusher that come with your Ninja processor can be safely washed on the top rack of your dishwasher. They’re small enough not to take up much room. Again, take care not to nest other items inside them where food can hide.
Tips for Dishwashing Your Ninja Food Processor
Here are some best practices for dishwashing your Ninja food processor components:
- Rinse food particles off all parts after each use. Don’t let food dry on.
- Run the dishwasher empty on a hot rinse cycle if odors develop.
- Use lemon juice or vinegar in the detergent cup to freshen smells.
- Let plastics air dry completely before reassembling to prevent cracks.
- Replace warped or clouded plastic components.
- Rub dried-on stains gently with baking soda.
- Use a dishwasher cleaning product monthly to remove grease.
Handwashing Your Ninja Food Processor
Handwashing your Ninja is quick, easy, and gentle. Follow these steps:
- Rinse food particles off under running water.
- Fill bowl or sink with warm, soapy water. Use mild dish soap.
- Let parts soak for 10 minutes to loosen dried-on food.
- Scrub interior and exterior of parts gently with a soft sponge or cloth.
- Use a bottle brush to clean inside the stem and blades.
- Rinse all parts thoroughly with warm running water.
- Air dry fully before reassembling processor.
To keep your Ninja food processor looking and working like new, follow these care tips:
- Wash blades carefully by hand if putting in dishwasher.
- Check for cracks in plastic pieces regularly.
- Don’t use abrasive scrubbers or bleach cleaners.
- Deodorize plastic with baking soda or vinegar.
- Apply food processor wax to the bowl interior.
- Tighten blade assembly properly before use.
- Store assembled unit to prevent lost parts.
When to Replace Parts
Plan to replace these plastic parts around this often for optimal performance:
If you choose not to wash your Ninja processor parts in the dishwasher, consider these other cleaning options:
- Handwash – Use mild soap, warm water, and soft cloths.
- Soak – Loosen dried bits by soaking in hot water before handwashing.
- Bleach – Sanitize by allowing parts to soak in a dilute bleach solution.
- Green Cleaners – Use vinegar, lemon juice, or hydrogen peroxide instead of harsh detergents.
- Brush – Scrub inside stems and blades with a narrow bottle brush.
- Wipes – Spot clean exterior surfaces with disposable antibacterial wipes.
While the dishwasher can be used to clean Ninja food processor parts, handwashing is gentler and helps components last longer. Take care to wash blades separately by hand and allow all plastic pieces to dry fully before reassembling. With regular cleaning and replacement of worn parts, your Ninja processor will deliver many years of reliable performance in your kitchen.