Vitamix blenders are known for their power, durability, and versatility in the kitchen. Many home cooks and professional chefs swear by Vitamix blenders for making smoothies, purees, soups, nut butters, and more. With their high performance motors and aircraft-grade stainless steel blades, Vitamix blenders can blend just about anything quickly and smoothly.
Vitamix offers several different blender models that come in a range of sizes, features, and prices. Some of their most popular models include:
- Vitamix 5200 – The classic Vitamix with a 2+ peak HP motor and 64-ounce container.
- Vitamix Explorian E310 – A more affordable Vitamix with a 2.2 peak HP motor and 48-ounce container.
- Vitamix Ascent Series – Vitamix’s newest blenders with built-in wireless connectivity and digital timers. The A2300, A2500, and A3500 are part of this series.
- Vitamix Professional Series 750 – A high-performance blender with a 2.2 peak HP motor, program settings, and 64-ounce container.
Vitamix at Costco
Costco sells a limited selection of Vitamix blender models on their website and in warehouse stores. Currently, the Vitamix blenders available at Costco include:
|Price at Costco
|Vitamix Explorian E310
|2.2 peak HP
|Vitamix Ascent A2300
|2.2 peak HP
|Vitamix Ascent A2500
|2.2 peak HP
The Vitamix blenders available at Costco are on the lower end of Vitamix’s product line. You won’t find the high-performance Vitamix 750 or Vitamix 7500 models offered at Costco.
Differences Between Costco and Direct Vitamix Models
At first glance, the Vitamix models sold at Costco appear identical to the same Vitamix models sold through the Vitamix website and other retailers. However, there are some slight differences:
- Containers: The containers included with the Costco Vitamix models are made of plastic rather than the typical clear BPA-free Eastman Tritan copolyester used for most Vitamix containers.
- Colors: Costco offers limited color options for the Vitamix models as compared to Vitamix.com which has a greater variety of container colors to choose from.
- Warranty: The included warranties may differ. Vitamix blenders typically come with a 7-year warranty when purchased new from Vitamix directly, while the Costco warranty is 5 years.
- Accessories: Costco Vitamix models come with a basic set of accessories while Vitamix.com often bundles in additional accessories or cookbooks.
- Availability: Vitamix periodically updates its product line. New or special editions may not be immediately available at Costco.
Are Costco Vitamix Blenders Inferior?
Despite some minor differences, the Vitamix blenders sold at Costco are the same high-quality blenders that Vitamix is known for. They have the same powerful motors, sharp blades, and ability to blend tough ingredients as the regular Vitamix models.
The plastic containers, while not as sleek looking as the clear Tritan ones, are still durable and BPA-free. They perform just as well despite lacking some aesthetic appeal. The 5-year Costco warranty also sufficiently covers any defects or performance issues.
In tests, the Costco Vitamix models achieve the same blending performance as the regular models. Smoothie texture, grind consistency, and blender endurance are on par with the direct Vitamix versions.
Costco Vitamix vs. Refurbished
Vitamix sells refurbished blenders directly on their website with attractive discounts. These are gently used customer-returned units that have been thoroughly inspected, repaired, and cleaned to meet Vitamix’s standards.
Refurbished Vitamix blenders represent excellent value as they provide full Vitamix blending performance at lower prices. However, there are some disadvantages compared to new Costco models:
- Shorter warranty (5 years for refurbished vs. 7 years for new)
- Limited selection of mostly older models
- May have some cosmetic blemishes or scratches
- No color options – comes in black only
Costco Vitamix models are brand new with full warranties, color options, and typically newer models available. But refurbished Vitamix can be $100+ cheaper than Costco for equivalent models.
Is Costco the Best Place to Buy Vitamix?
Here are some pros and cons of buying a Vitamix blender at Costco:
- Lower prices compared to Vitamix.com
- Can see and test models in person before buying
- Easy returns through Costco’s generous return policy
- Additional 2-year Costco Concierge warranty
- Ability to purchase with Costco Shop Card rewards
- Smaller selection of models
- Fewer color options
- Models not always the newest
- Max 5-year warranty only
- No current promotions or bonuses
If you want to save money upfront and don’t care about limited colors or getting the latest Vitamix model, Costco can be an excellent purchasing option. However, buying directly from Vitamix does offer more flexibility and access to the full Vitamix line.
Vitamix blenders purchased at Costco are authentic Vitamix models made to the same standards despite some minor variances. They deliver equivalent performance and reliability as Vitamix blenders bought through other retailers. While selection is limited, the discounted prices at Costco can make their Vitamix offerings an attractive option for many buyers.
Consider both the Costco and direct Vitamix purchasing options carefully based on available models, price, warranty, and return policy. But rest assured the Vitamix blenders sold at Costco stores are as exceptional of machines as Vitamix sells anywhere else.