Champion Juicer is a company that has been manufacturing juicers and other kitchen appliances since the 1950s. Their Champion Juicer model has been one of the most popular and longest-lasting juicers on the market. But given how long they’ve been around, some people wonder if Champion Juicer is still producing and selling juicers in 2023.
History of the Champion Juicer Company
Champion Juicer was founded by Jack L. Kraut in 1955 in Los Angeles, California. The company’s original juicer model was called the Champion Juicer and it was one of the first juicers made specifically for home use. At the time, most juicers were large industrial models made for restaurants and juice bars.
The Champion Juicer featured a 1/3 horsepower motor and stainless steel blade and basket. It had a simple design but was durable and efficient at juicing all types of fruits and vegetables. The Champion Juicer helped make at-home juicing more accessible and popular in the 1950s and 1960s.
Over the decades, Champion Juicer continued to improve its original juicer model but keep the same basic design. The company also expanded its product line to include other kitchen appliances like flour mills, blender, and pasta makers. But the Champion Juicer remained its flagship product.
Champion Juicer has always been family-owned and operated. Jack L. Kraut ran the company until the 1980s when his son, Ken Kraut, took over. Today, Champion Juicer is still headed by the Kraut family, currently under the leadership of the third generation.
Is Champion Juicer Still in Business?
Yes, absolutely! As of 2023, the Champion Juicer company is still very much in business and selling juicers.
Champion Juicer is still family-owned and run out of its long-time headquarters in Lodi, California. The company has maintained its commitment to making quality, durable kitchen appliances, especially juicers.
Champion Juicer currently offers four juicer models: the original Champion Juicer, the Champion 2000, the Champion 3000, and the Champion 4000. The newer models have updated motors, design tweaks, and additional features but maintain the core juicing technology of the classic Champion Juicer.
Here are the juicer models currently available from Champion Juicer:
|The original Champion Juicer with 1/3 horsepower motor
|Updated model with 1/2 horsepower motor and nylon auger
|Higher wattage 1/2 horsepower motor and stainless steel juicing parts
|Most powerful model with 3/4 horsepower motor
In addition to juicers, Champion Juicer offers a variety of other small kitchen appliances including flour mills, pasta makers, and food processors. So their product line has grown over the decades but juicers remain at the core of their business.
Where Are Champion Juicers Sold?
Champion Juicers are sold through various retailers in the United States and internationally:
- Online retailers like Amazon, eBay, Walmart, Overstock, WayFair
- Big box stores like Bed Bath & Beyond, Target, Kohl’s
- Specialty kitchen stores like Sur La Table, Williams-Sonoma, KitchenAid
- Health food stores and chains like Whole Foods, Sprouts, Natural Grocers
- Hardware stores like Ace Hardware, True Value
- International retailers in Canada, UK, Australia and other regions
Champion Juicers are also available directly from the company’s website championjuicer.com. Purchasing directly gets you perks like free shipping, extended warranties, and customer support directly from the manufacturer.
So Champion Juicers are still widely available both online and in brick-and-mortar stores. They have a strong retail presence today, over 60 years since the company was founded.
Champion Juicer Manufacturing Facility
Champion Juicers are proudly made in the USA at the company’s manufacturing facility in Lodi, California.
Champion has always done all its juicer production in-house at its Lodi factory. This facility allows them to control and monitor all stages of juicer manufacturing from design to final testing.
The Lodi factory utilizes a combination of traditional metalworking machinery with some automated technology. Each juicer still goes through hands-on assembly and inspection by Champion’s trained technicians.
Keeping juicer production in Lodi ensures consistency and reliability. Champion is committed to still making its juicers in the US and not outsourcing production overseas.
Why Champion Juicers Remain Popular
Champion juicers have remained best-selling models for over 60 years because of their power, performance, and durability.
Here are some of the reasons why Champion juicers continue to be popular choices:
- Powerful motors: Champion juicers have always had strong 1/3 to 1 horsepower motors that can juice efficiently.
- Durable parts: The stainless steel cutter blade and basket are made to last for years.
- Versatility: Champion juicers can juice all types of produce from hard carrots to soft berries.
- High yields: Minimal pulp is left behind so you get the highest juice yields.
- Easy to use: Champion juicers have a simple operation without complex controls.
- Easy to clean: The removable cutter and basket make cleanup quick with just soap and water.
- Long warranty: All models come with 10-year limited warranties so they are built to last.
While newer juicing technologies like masticating and centrifugal juicers have entered the market, Champion’s classic style continues to deliver on performance and durability for most juicing needs.
Recent Company Developments
While Champion Juicer is still family-owned, the company has expanded in recent years to meet growing demand:
- In 2013, Champion opened a larger 240,000 square foot factory, but it remains in Lodi, CA.
- International sales have grown, now accounting for 20% of the company’s revenue.
- Champion has increased juicer production capacity and inventory to reduce backorders.
- Customer service staff has expanded to provide support for online orders.
- Champion is staying current by selling via Amazon and other online retailers.
- They have expanded their product line to keep pace with kitchen appliance trends.
Champion has smartly adapted and scaled its operations to match growing juicer demand while staying true to its legacy.
What Users Are Saying About Current Champion Juicers
Looking at consumer reviews indicates that the latest Champion juicers are living up to the company’s long reputation for quality.
Here are some examples of recent customer reviews on sites like Amazon and Bed Bath & Beyond:
|4.8 out of 5 stars
|“This juicer is a workhorse! I’ve used it daily for two years to make veggie juices with no issues.”
|4.7 out of 5 stars
|“Extremely powerful juicer that juices leafy greens better than any model I’ve tried.”
|4.9 out of 5 stars
|“The best juicer ever! Juices anything and everything efficiently and quickly.”
These rave reviews indicate that Champion is still exceeding customer expectations. People report the new models are durable workhorses that juice efficiently and quickly.
The Future for Champion Juicer
Champion Juicer has already demonstrated remarkable longevity as a family-owned company after over 60+ years in business.
All signs point to Champion continuing to operate and manufacture juicers for many more years to come. Here’s why Champion’s future looks bright:
- The company is still led by the founder’s family, now in its 3rd generation, who are committed to the legacy.
- Demand for juicing and healthy kitchen appliances is only increasing.
- Champion has made smart operational changes to scale up production.
- Their classic juicer still offers features competitors can’t match.
- Reviews show Champion juicers are still satisfying customers as they have for decades.
Of course, the future is hard to predict but Champion seems well-positioned to continue its reign as one of the most prominent juicer makers.
In conclusion, Champion Juicer is definitely still in business and going strong. The decades-old family company continues to manufacture its lineup of popular juicers from its California factory.
While Champion now has to compete with many more juicer companies, its classic models still stand out for their power and durability. By sticking to its legacy while adapting to market changes, Champion has maintained its status as a leading juicer brand.
Everything indicates that Champion Juicer will continue churning out its iconic juicers for many years to come. For appliance shoppers looking for a quality juicer, Champion remains one of the top names to consider.