Joe Rogan is known for his love of smoothies and health shakes. As the host of the popular Joe Rogan Experience podcast, Rogan often talks about his daily routine which includes making elaborate fruit and vegetable smoothies. But what kind of blender does Joe Rogan use to craft these drinks? Let’s take a look at the various blenders Rogan has used over the years.
One of the most popular blender brands among fans of smoothies and health shakes is Vitamix. These high-powered blenders are built to handle tough ingredients and can even heat up cold ingredients through friction. Vitamix blenders are also known for their aircraft-grade stainless steel blades that can blend through just about anything.
It’s no surprise then that Joe Rogan is a big fan of Vitamix blenders. On multiple episodes of his podcast, Rogan has talked about his Vitamix blender and how he uses it to make smoothies packed with fruits, vegetables, nut butters, and other ingredients. Rogan has owned several different Vitamix models over the years. Here are some of the Vitamix blenders he’s known to have used:
- Vitamix 5200 – One of Vitamix’s most popular and long-standing models, known for its durability and power.
- Vitamix 7500 – A newer model with updated controls and speed options.
- Vitamix A3500 – Vitamix’s smart blender model with touch screen controls.
Rogan has spoken many times about his love for his Vitamix blender and how it helps him stick to his healthy lifestyle. The power of Vitamix blenders allows Rogan to blend up his favorite combinations of fruits, veggies, nuts, and seeds into delicious and nutritious shakes.
In addition to Vitamix, another blender brand Joe Rogan has used is Blendtec. Blendtec is arguably Vitamix’s biggest competitor in the high-performance blender space. Here are some things to know about Blendtec blenders:
- Known for sleek, modern design and large touchscreen interfaces.
- Offers pre-programmed blending cycles for smoothies, juices, etc.
- Features patented “Wildside” jar design for more efficient blending.
- Not quite as powerful as equivalent Vitamix models.
Rogan has occasionally posted photos and videos showing him using a Blendtec blender. Some of the specific Blendtec models he’s used include:
- Blendtec Designer 725
- Blendtec Professional 800
While Rogan seems to favor his Vitamix overall, he has expressed interest in the pre-programmed cycles and one-touch operation offered by some Blendtec models. This allows him to get a consistently blended smoothie with minimal effort.
In addition to the flagship Vitamix and Blendtec blenders, Joe Rogan has also used and recommended Ninja blenders. Here’s an overview of Ninja blenders:
- Known for affordable prices compared to Vitamix/Blendtec.
- Typically feature pitcher and single-serve cup blending.
- Notable models include Ninja Professional, Ninja Mega Kitchen System, etc.
- Can struggle with tougher ingredients compared to more powerful blenders.
Rogan has called out Ninja as a good blender brand for those wanting quality smoothie blends on a budget. The Ninja Mega Kitchen System is one model he’s mentioned that can handle ice and frozen ingredients well. While Ninja may not be his primary blender, Rogan views them as a more affordable alternative for blender shoppers.
Personal and bullet blenders have also made their way into Joe Rogan’s kitchen over the years. Here are some quick bullet points on bullet blenders:
- Small, single-serve blending cups.
- Typically no controls or settings – twist to blend.
- Convenient for quick, portable smoothies.
- Not ideal for larger batches or tough ingredients.
Rogan has occasionally posted photos on Instagram of bullet blenders like the NutriBullet and Magic Bullet. He’ll use these for whipping up single servings when he’s short on time or wants something portable. However, for heavy-duty smoothie prep, he relies more on his full-sized Vitamix.
Key Blender Features for Joe Rogan
Based on his many years of experience making health shakes and smoothies, here are some of the key blender features Joe Rogan looks for:
- Power – Can it handle tough, frozen ingredients without choking up?
- Capacity – Can it make large batches for meal prep?
- Controls – Does it offer speed/program flexibility or is it mostly one-touch?
- Cleanup – Is it easy to clean and maintain after daily use?
- Brand reputation – Is it a proven and trusted brand?
For Joe Rogan, getting the right blender has been key to maintaining his active lifestyle and health routine. Vitamix seems to strike the right balance of power, capacity and branding to be his blender brand of choice. But he’s open to testing other blenders that can deliver smooth, quality blends with minimal fuss.
Joe Rogan’s Favorite Smoothie Ingredients
Clearly, Joe Rogan puts a lot of thought into choosing the right blender. But what does he actually make in his high-powered blenders?
Here’s a run-down of some of Joe Rogan’s favorite smoothie ingredients:
|Fruits||Vegetables||Nuts & Seeds||Boosts & Extras|
|Bananas||Spinach||Almond butter||Cocoa powder|
|Pineapple||Broccoli||Flax seeds||Protein powder|
|Apples||Asparagus||Chia seeds||Maca powder|
Rogan packs his smoothies full of superfood fruits, vegetables, and nuts to get a wide array of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and healthy fats/oils. He’ll also frequently add boosts like caffeine, protein powder, or superfood supplements to optimize his smoothies for energy, recovery, or micronutrients.
Joe Rogan’s Recommended Smoothie Blends
With so many potential ingredients, here are some of Joe Rogan’s recommended smoothie blend ideas:
- Tropical Fruits – Pineapple, mango, banana, spinach
- Berries & Greens – Mixed berries, kale, banana, almond butter
- Chocolate Protein Power – Banana, cocoa powder, peanut butter, protein powder
- Post-Workout – Berries, spinach, banana, protein powder, creatine
- Green Detox – Cucumber, celery, kale, lemon, ginger
Rogan likes to mix up lots of fruit and vegetable combinations to keep things interesting and maximize his micronutrient diversity. He’ll also frequently add nut butters, protein sources or superfoods depending on his goals for that particular smoothie.
Joe Rogan’s Tips for Smoothie Success
After years of dialing in his smoothie recipe, Joe Rogan has picked up some helpful tips for making better blends. Here are some of his top tips for smoothie success:
- Use frozen fruit/veg – makes it thicker and colder.
- Blend in pulses – don’t overheat the ingredients.
- Throw in some spinach – you won’t taste it.
- Top with chia/flax seeds – healthy fats that thicken it up.
- Sweeten with raw honey if needed.
- Try different nut butters – almond, peanut, cashew, etc.
- Make a big batch for the week – saves time.
Rogan is always experimenting to find new flavor combinations and improve the nutrition of his smoothies. Following his tips can help you make smoothies that keep you satisfied and energized.
Joe Rogan’s Thoughts on Smoothie Dieting
While Joe Rogan is a huge proponent of consuming a diet high in fruits, vegetables, and other smoothie ingredients, he doesn’t think smoothies should completely replace meals:
“I’m wary of people that are on all liquid diets and just drinking smoothies all day. I think you need fiber from eating whole fruits and vegetables. Smoothies are great in addition to those whole foods.”
Rogan makes the point that there are benefits from chewing and digesting solid whole foods that you don’t get from just drinking pulverized smoothies. So while he loves blending up smoothies, he advocates using them as a supplement to a balanced diet, not as a total meal replacement strategy.
When it comes to blending up the perfect smoothie, Joe Rogan spares no expense. By investing in powerful blenders like Vitamix and using fresh, quality ingredients, Rogan is able to churn out smoothie creations packed with health benefits. While he has his blender preferences, Rogan emphasizes that high-quality nutrition, not blender specs, should be the priority for anyone looking to blend up healthier drinks.
At the end of the day, Joe Rogan’s passion for smoothies goes beyond just owning the latest blender model. It’s about fueling his body and mind with fruits, veggies, and superfoods so he can stay focused and energized. With the right mindset and ingredients, you can start creating Rogan-approved smoothies in whatever blender you have at home. Just don’t forget to add the spinach!