So you just got your first Vitamix blender and you’re eager to break it in with something delicious. But with so many options and recipes out there, it can be tough to decide what to make first. Have no fear – we’ve got you covered with some great suggestions for tasty and easy first recipes to try in your new Vitamix!
Smoothies are one of the most popular uses for a Vitamix since these powerful blenders can pulverize ingredients into a perfectly smooth consistency. They’re a great option for your first Vitamix recipe because they’re fast, simple, and endlessly customizable. Here are some great smoothie options to consider for your Vitamix debut:
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie – Just strawberries, banana, milk of choice, and honey.
- Tropical Smoothie – Blend pineapple, mango, banana, coconut water, and Greek yogurt.
- Green Machine Smoothie – Spinach, kale, banana, pineapple, coconut water, and chia seeds.
- Berries and Greens Smoothie – Blueberries, raspberries, spinach, avocado, apple juice, and protein powder.
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie – Banana, peanut butter, milk, vanilla, and ice.
Smoothies are versatile and make a perfectly simple first Vitamix recipe. Just choose your favorite fruits and veggies, pick a liquid base like fruit juice, milk, or yogurt, add any superfoods or protein powders you like, and blend away!
Soups and purees are another fantastic way to break in your Vitamix. The high-powered blades can perfectly puree chunky ingredients into silky smooth soups and sauces. Here are some tasty soup options for your first Vitamix spin:
- Broccoli Cheddar Soup – Broccoli, onion, garlic, potatoes, cheddar, broth, and cream.
- Tomato Basil Soup – Tomatoes, basil, onion, garlic, broth, and cream.
- Butternut Squash Soup – Roast squash, onion, garlic, ginger, broth, coconut milk.
- Creamy Carrot Soup – Carrots, onion, garlic, ginger, broth, coconut milk.
- Cauliflower Soup – Cauliflower, onion, garlic, broth, cashews, nutritional yeast.
The key for smooth soups is chopping the vegetables and cooking them until soft before blending. Add seasonings like garlic, ginger, basil, then blend with broth and cream or milk for an easy creamy soup. For a healthier soup, use coconut milk or soaked raw cashews instead of heavy cream.
Salsas and Dips
Your Vitamix can also whip up amazing fresh salsas, guacamole, hummus, and more in seconds. Here are some tasty dip ideas to try:
- Restaurant-Style Salsa – Tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, lime, salt.
- Tomatillo Salsa Verde – Tomatillos, onion, garlic, cilantro, lime, salt.
- Guacamole – Avocados, tomato, onion, lime, cilantro, salt.
- Hummus – Chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, lemon, garlic.
- Spinach Artichoke Dip – Spinach, artichokes, onion, garlic, mayo, Parmesan.
Chop the ingredients, combine in the Vitamix, and puree until fully blended and creamy. Feel free to spice it up with jalapeños, chipotle peppers, or any other flavors you enjoy. Serve with tortilla chips, pita bread, or fresh veggies.
Homemade nut butters are super easy to make in the Vitamix. All you need are nuts and a little bit of oil – the powerful motor will grind the nuts into smooth nut butter in minutes. Try these combinations:
- Almond Butter – Raw almonds and coconut oil.
- Cashew Butter – Raw cashews and avocado oil.
- Peanut Butter – Roasted peanuts and grapeseed oil.
- Sunflower Seed Butter – Raw sunflower seeds and olive oil.
You can also add spices, cocoa powder, or coconut for different flavored butters. The ratios are typically 1 cup nuts to 1-2 tablespoons oil. Process on high for 3-5 minutes, scraping down the sides as needed.
Your Vitamix can make delicious dairy-free ice cream, sorbet, and other frozen desserts. Here are some tasty frozen ideas to try:
- Banana Ice Cream – Frozen bananas, cocoa powder, peanut butter.
- Berry Sorbet – Frozen berries, banana, orange juice.
- Mango Frozen Yogurt – Frozen mango, coconut milk, honey.
- Pineapple Coconut Ice Cream – Frozen pineapple, coconut milk, lime, maple syrup.
- Chocolate Avocado Pudding – Avocados, cocoa powder, honey, vanilla.
Simply blend the frozen ingredients in your Vitamix until smooth and creamy. You can also make soft serve by only blending to a thick, spoonable consistency. Get creative with your own fruit and flavor combinations!
Breads and Doughs
With its excellent dry blade capacity, the Vitamix can easily grind grains into fresh flour. You can use this homemade flour to bake a variety of breads, cookies, pizza dough, and more. Here are some options to try:
- Whole Wheat Bread – Whole wheat flour, water, yeast, salt, honey.
- Banana Bread – Bananas, whole wheat flour, baking powder, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon.
- Pizza Dough – Whole wheat flour, yeast, olive oil, salt, water.
- Pancakes – Whole wheat flour, milk, eggs, baking powder, salt.
- Sugar Cookies – Whole wheat flour, butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla.
Grind the flour first, then add the wet ingredients and knead the dough right in the Vitamix container. Let it rise, then bake as directed. Making your own flour opens a whole new world of recipes.
Flours and Meal
As mentioned above, the Vitamix is excellent for grinding grains into fresh flours and meals. Here are some suggestions:
- Whole Wheat Flour – Hard red wheat berries.
- Spelt Flour – Spelt berries.
- Almond Flour – Raw almonds.
- Oat Flour – Rolled oats.
- Chickpea Flour – Dried chickpeas.
You can grind just about any grain, nut, or legume into flour for baking, cooking, and thickening. Start with 1 cup of grains or nuts and blend on high for 30-60 seconds, pausing to shake the container. Store flours in airtight containers.
Nut Milks and Creams
Making nut milks at home couldn’t be easier with a Vitamix. Simply soak nuts overnight, then blend with water for fresh homemade milks and creams. Try making:
- Almond Milk – Soaked almonds, water, dates, vanilla.
- Cashew Cream – Soaked cashews, water.
- Hemp Milk – Shelled hemp seeds, water, maple syrup.
- Oat Milk – Rolled oats, water, dates.
- Pistachio Milk – Soaked pistachios, water.
Strain through a nut milk bag or cheesecloth if you want a perfectly smooth milk. Store in the fridge and shake before using. Nut milks make a wonderful non-dairy addition to smoothies, cereal, or even coffee.
Your Vitamix can whip up amazing pestos full of fresh flavor in seconds. Here are some combinations to try:
- Basil Pesto – Basil, pine nuts, garlic, olive oil, Parmesan.
- Kale Pesto – Kale, walnuts, garlic, olive oil, lemon.
- Sun-dried Tomato Pesto – Sun-dried tomatoes, walnuts, garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar.
- Spinach Pesto – Baby spinach, almonds, garlic, olive oil, lemon.
- Cilantro Pesto – Cilantro, pepitas, garlic, olive oil, lime.
Pulse the Vitamix to chop ingredients, then run it to blend into a smooth pesto. Toss with pasta or use as a sandwich spread, veggie dip, or pizza sauce. Pesto is a fantastic way to use up leafy greens and herbs from the garden.
Making your own baby food is super easy with the Vitamix. Steam and puree any combination of fruits, veggies, and meats for healthy homemade meals. Here are some ideas:
- Apples, pears, avocado
- Carrots, sweet potatoes, butternut squash
- Peas, green beans, asparagus
- Bananas, mangoes, papaya
- Chicken, beef, salmon
Steam vegetables and fruits until tender, then blend with a little breast milk, formula, or water until smooth. Make single servings and freeze in ice cube trays for later use.
Marinades and Dressings
Whip up flavorful marinades, salad dressings, and sauces in your Vitamix. Here are some ideas:
- Italian Dressing – Olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, mustard, herbs.
- Coconut Curry Marinade – Coconut milk, curry paste, ginger, garlic, lime.
- Pomegranate Vinaigrette – Pomegranate juice, olive oil, shallot, mustard, maple syrup.
- Lemon Tahini Dressing – Lemon juice, tahini, garlic, olive oil, salt.
- Berry Vinaigrette – Raspberries, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, shallot, Dijon.
Pulse ingredients then blend until emulsified. Use immediately or store in the fridge. Easy homemade dressings and marinades take meals from boring to extraordinary!
Shakes and Protein Drinks
Your Vitamix is perfect for blending up post-workout shakes and protein drinks. Here are some muscle-building combinations:
- Chocolate Protein Shake – Chocolate protein powder, banana, peanut butter, milk.
- Fruit and Yogurt Smoothie – Greek yogurt, frozen berries, orange juice, honey.
- Green Power Shake – Spinach, avocado, banana, hemp seeds, almond milk.
- Tropical Shake – Pineapple, mango, Greek yogurt, coconut water, protein powder.
The Vitamix will pulverize everything into a smooth, creamy shake. Add supplements like whey, plant proteins, branched-chain amino acids, or creatine as desired.
When you first get your Vitamix, the possibilities may seem endless and even a bit daunting. But start with simple smoothies and soups to get comfortable with your machine. Then expand into nut milks, flours, frozen treats, and more as you get creative. The most important tip is just to have fun – your Vitamix can handle just about anything so let your imagination run wild. With a little practice, you’ll be a Vitamix pro in no time!
|Smoothies||Strawberry banana, tropical, green, berry, peanut butter banana|
|Soups||Broccoli cheddar, tomato basil, butternut squash, cauliflower, carrot ginger|
|Salsas and Dips||Restaurant salsa, salsa verde, guacamole, hummus, spinach artichoke dip|
|Nut Butters||Almond butter, cashew butter, peanut butter, sunflower seed butter|
|Frozen Treats||Banana ice cream, berry sorbet, mango frozen yogurt, pineapple coconut ice cream, chocolate avocado pudding|
|Breads and Doughs||Whole wheat bread, banana bread, pizza dough, pancakes, sugar cookies|
|Flours and Meals||Whole wheat flour, spelt flour, almond flour, chickpea flour, oat flour|
|Nut Milks||Almond milk, cashew cream, hemp milk, oat milk, pistachio milk|
|Pestos||Basil, kale, sun-dried tomato, spinach, cilantro|
|Baby Food||Fruit and veggie purees, meat purees|
|Marinades and Dressings||Italian dressing, curry marinade, pomegranate vinaigrette, lemon tahini, berry vinaigrette|
|Shakes||Chocolate protein shake, fruit and yogurt smoothie, green power shake, tropical protein shake|
With a Vitamix, the blending possibilities are endless! Start simple with smoothies and soups, then expand your repertoire. Use the power and versatility of this machine to make everything from nut milks and frozen treats to fresh flours, sauces, and beyond. Get creative, have fun, and enjoy your delicious Vitamix creations!