Hurom is a popular brand of slow juicers known for their innovative designs and high-quality construction. Hurom slow juicers are manufactured in South Korea and have gained a reputation for their performance, durability, and ability to maximize juice yield from fruits and vegetables.
Hurom was founded in 1974 by the Kim family in South Korea. The company started out importing kitchen appliances but soon began focusing on manufacturing their own innovative juicers. In 1992, Hurom introduced their first slow juicer, which used a patented cold pressing system to gently extract juice without heat buildup. This helped preserve vital nutrients and enzymes.
Over the years, Hurom has continued to improve their juicer technology and design. Some of their most popular models include the H-AA Slow Juicer introduced in 2009 and the Hurom HH Elite Slow Juicer introduced in 2018. Hurom slow juicers feature sleek, modern designs and proprietary technologies like their cold pressing system and Slow Squeezing Technology.
Headquarters and Manufacturing Facility
Hurom Co. Ltd has its global headquarters located in Hongseong County, South Korea. This 182,000 square foot facility houses Hurom’s executive offices, R&D and design labs, and centralized manufacturing operations.
Hurom runs its main juicer production at this ISO 9001 certified factory in South Korea. The facility has high-tech manufacturing capabilities and puts a focus on quality control. Hurom juicers purchased around the world are designed, tested, and assembled at this main Hurom plant.
Advanced Manufacturing Process
Hurom has invested in advanced machining, molding, and assembly technology to optimize their juicer production. Here are some details on Hurom’s manufacturing process:
- CNC Machining: Computer numerical control (CNC) machines create precision juicer parts from raw materials like stainless steel and plastic polymers.
- Injection Molding: Hurom uses advanced injection molding technology to quickly and efficiently form juicer parts from plastic.
- Automated Assembly Lines: The juicer parts are put together on specialized assembly lines with minimal human input. This improves consistency.
- Quality Control Testing: Hurom juicers undergo rigorous testing during and after assembly to check for performance and durability.
- Smart Factory Management: Hurom uses the latest supply chain and manufacturing software to schedule production and track inventory.
By investing in cutting-edge manufacturing equipment and processes, Hurom can deliver innovative, high-performing juicers at scale while maintaining excellent quality standards.
Focus on Vertical Integration
Hurom handles every step of the manufacturing process directly at their own facilities, known as vertical integration. This includes:
- Developing and designing new juicer models in Hurom R&D labs
- Prototyping and testing designs
- Creating the machining programs to produce parts
- Molding plastic components on-site
- Assembling juicers and performing quality assurance
- Packaging finished products for distribution
Vertical integration gives Hurom great control over quality and production capacities. It also helps protect Hurom’s intellectual property and trade secrets around their juicer technology.
Hurom has attained several internationally recognized certifications that validate the quality of their manufacturing operations. These include:
- ISO 9001 – Certifies quality management processes used in manufacturing, design, development, and customer support meet strict standards.
- RoHS – Certifies Hurom juicers are manufactured without hazardous substances like lead or mercury.
- UL – Verifies Hurom products meet U.S. safety standards for household appliances.
- FDA – Indicates Hurom juicers meet U.S. Food and Drug Administration regulations for food contact surfaces.
Maintaining these stringent certifications requires constant quality monitoring and audits during the entire manufacturing process at Hurom’s facilities.
Global Distribution from South Korea Hub
Once manufacturing is complete at the Hurom factory in South Korea, the finished juicers are packaged and prepared for global distribution. Hurom ships their juicers from South Korea to fulfill orders from consumers, retailers, and distributors located in over 40 different countries.
Hurom has regional sales offices in the United States, Europe, China, and other major markets. This allows them to coordinate localized sales, marketing, and customer service support. But the design, testing, and assembly of every authentic Hurom juicer still takes place exclusively at their centralized manufacturing hub in South Korea.
Comparison to Other Juicer Brands
Unlike some competitors, Hurom manages every step of manufacturing in-house at their South Korean facility. For example:
- Omega outsources production of some juicer components.
- Breville assembles most juicers in China.
- Cuisinart and Hamilton Beach rely on third party factories in Asia.
By controlling the entire end-to-end manufacturing process, Hurom can offer exceptional quality and advanced juicer technology. Consumers can be confident authentic Hurom juicers are made exclusively in South Korea to the company’s strict standards.
Hurom Manufacturing Factory Tour Video
Hurom created an official video showcasing their main juicer factory in Hongseong County, South Korea. The video shows modern manufacturing equipment and processes used to produce Hurom slow juicers:
Factory Expansions to Increase Output
To support the growing global demand for Hurom slow juicers, the company has invested in major expansions of their South Korean juicer factory over the years. Some key expansions include:
- In 2015, Hurom opened a second manufacturing facility, adding 250,000 square feet of production space.
- In 2017, Hurom expanded their molding and assembly facilities, increasing output by over 150%.
- In 2021, Hurom added advanced vertical integration capabilities, allowing them to bring previously outsourced processes in-house.
These expansions have increased Hurom’s juicer production capacity to over 2 million units per year. With two large manufacturing sites totaling over 400,000 square feet, Hurom has cemented their position as a leading juicer brand.
Workforce and Job Creation
Hurom’s manufacturing facilities employ over 500 workers in South Korea. Expanding juicer production has allowed Hurom Co. Ltd to create good-paying jobs and opportunities in the community around their Hongseong headquarters.
Hurom places a strong emphasis on worker safety and welfare. The company has proactively added amenities like clean dormitories, sports facilities, and cafeterias for factory staff.
Manufacturing operations remain heavily centralized at Hurom’s South Korean factories. But Hurom has recently established smaller satellite assembly facilities in target markets like the U.S. and EU. This allows for localized assembly and customization of some models.
Demand for Hurom’s slow juicers continues to grow worldwide, prompting ongoing factory investment and expansion in South Korea. With their proprietary juicing technologies and vertically integrated approach, Hurom is well positioned to maintain their leadership in the global high-end juicer market.
Consumers can expect continued innovation and new juicer models to be developed and manufactured exclusively at Hurom’s state-of-the-art facilities in South Korea.
In summary, authentic Hurom slow juicers are proudly designed, engineered, and assembled at the company’s headquarters and manufacturing facilities in Hongseong County, South Korea. Hurom handles every step of the manufacturing process in-house, from R&D to quality testing. Their advanced production capabilities and company-owned factory have allowed Hurom to become a top juicer brand worldwide. When you purchase a genuine Hurom juicer, you can be confident it was made to the highest standards at Hurom’s own South Korean facility.