Blending up smoothies, soups, and sauces is a breeze with a Vitamix. These powerful blenders can handle even the toughest ingredients with ease. But cleaning up after making a mess in the kitchen is never fun. Thankfully, some Vitamix models come equipped with a convenient self-cleaning feature. This article will explore which Vitamix blenders have self-cleaning capabilities.
How Does the Vitamix Self-Cleaning Feature Work?
Vitamix blenders that are labeled “self-cleaning” have a special feature that makes washing up easy. Here’s how it works:
- Fill the blender jar halfway with warm water and add a drop of dish soap.
- Run the blender on high speed for 30-60 seconds. This creates friction that scrubs the inside of the jar.
- Rinse out the soap and residue.
Thehigh-speed spinning blades combined with the soapywater do all the scrubbing for you. It’s an easy way to clean your Vitamix without having to manually wash or scrub.
Which Vitamix Models Have Self-Cleaning?
Here are the Vitamix blender models that feature the convenient self-cleaning capability:
- Vitamix A2300
- Vitamix A2500
- Vitamix A3300
- Vitamix A3500
- Vitamix E310
- Vitamix E320
- Vitamix 7500
- Vitamix 750
- Vitamix 780
- Vitamix Professional Series 500
So in summary, all blender models in the Ascent, Explorian, and Professional series lines have the self-cleaning capability. Other blender models like the 5200, 6300, and Venturist series do not have this feature.
Self-Cleaning vs Manual Cleaning
How does the convenience of self-cleaning compare to manual washing? Here’s an overview of the pros and cons:
While the self-cleaning mode is very convenient, you may still need to spot clean the blender if any food is stuck on. And the outside and lid of the blender will still need manual washing. So it’s not a full replacement for washing by hand, but it makes cleaning much quicker.
Tips for Using the Self-Clean Feature
Here are some tips to get the best results when using your Vitamix blender’s self-cleaning mode:
- Rinse blender immediately after use – This prevents foods from drying on.
- Fill only halfway with warm water – This prevents overflow.
- Use just a drop of dish soap – Too much suds up excessively.
- Blend on high 30-60 seconds – Longer times for more stubborn messes.
- Repeat if needed for tough messes – You can do multiple cleaning cycles.
- Hand wash lid and exterior – These parts won’t get cleaned by the self-cleaning blade spin.
Following these tips will help the self-cleaning function work effectively so you can keep your Vitamix looking great.
Is the Self-Clean Feature Worth It?
The self-cleaning capability is certainly a nice bonus for select Vitamix models. Here are some things to consider when deciding if it’s worth it for you:
- Kitchen habits – If you use your blender frequently, the ease of self-cleaning is more useful than occasional blending.
- Mess level – Thick or sticky ingredients like nut butters and smoothie boosts require more scrubbing, so self-cleaning simplifies this.
- Time constraints – The speed of self-cleaning is helpful for busy schedules when you want to blend and run.
- Extra cost – Self-cleaning Vitamix models are $50-$100 more than regular models, so factor this into your budget.
While not completely hands-off, the self-cleaning feature can streamline your blending clean-up routine. Think about your needs and kitchen usage to decide if the upgrade is worthwhile for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can all Vitamix models self-clean?
No, self-cleaning is only available on Ascent, Explorian, and Professional series blenders. Other models like the 5200 and Venturist do not have this capability.
Should I use self-clean every time?
You can use the self-cleaning feature every time you blend, but it’s not strictly necessary. For lighter blending tasks, standard washing by hand may be sufficient. Use your judgement.
Do I need special soap for self-cleaning?
No, regular dish soap works fine. You only need a small drop for the self-cleaning cycle. Avoid extremely sudsy soap as too many bubbles may interfere with the cleaning process.
Does self-cleaning fully sanitize the blender?
No, the high-speed spin does not fully sanitize all parts. You may need to periodically wash parts more thoroughly by hand to sanitize the blender if desired.
Can I put the lid in self-clean mode?
No, you should always hand wash the lid and exterior base. The self-cleaning mode is only for the inside of the blender jar.
The self-cleaning function on Vitamix Ascent, Explorian, and Professional blenders provides a handy way to rinse away messes without scrubbing. While not a total replacement for manual washing, it makes cleaning fast and hassle-free. Consider your blending frequency and need for convenience when deciding if a self-cleaning Vitamix model is right for your kitchen.