If you are looking for a masticating Juicer, one that offers the power and multi-functionality to produce great tasting juices and more, then the Omega J8004 Nutrition Center will be just up your street. It is perfect for your juicing requirements and very versatile.
Read on to find out how it can be used for nut butter, spaghetti and even baby food.
So what’s the difference between the Omega J8004 and the Omega J8006?
Let’s get this dealt with at the very top of this review.
THERE IS ONLY ONE DIFFERENCE!
Get it? One difference and that is the material/colour of the machine itself. Of course, that leads us to a second difference and that is the price. The Omega J8004 is $40-$100 cheaper than its Chrome or Black Twin.
I chose the Omega J8006 in chrome because I wanted to have a kitchen which resembled a common theme. I didn’t want a white Juicer, sitting on the side standing out against the chrome cooker and oven. Even my toaster is chrome! For that luxury I paid extra, but I felt it was worth it.
The Omega J8004 however, comes in a white plastic shell and if you have no preference or your kitchen has a white theme, then you are on a certain winner here.
Omega J8004 Nutrition Center Review
Before discussing juicers in any detail it is important that you understand that there are two types of juicers on the market. Masticating and Centrifugal and in order to make an informed decision you need to understand the differences.
If you haven’t heard about this before, take a minute to read up how Masticating vs Centrifugal debate shapes up.
The Pros and Cons are the same as for the Omega J8006 but in the interest of fairness here they are again:
Omega J8004 Juicer Pros
- Designed for maximizing yield and minimizing waste – The Omega J8004 is a highly-efficient juicer which can extract nearly all of the juice content from soft and hard fruits, even the leafy greens!
- Multifunctional – This is not just for juicing either. Being multifunctional it can be used to make baby food, homemade pasta, grind coffee beans, process peanuts into peanut butter and even grind your fresh spices to add flavour to your food. It’s certainly versatile.
- Juice quality is supreme in taste and nutrition – The dual stage juicer’s processor, extracts as much nutrition as possible, from all the foods you put through it, producing an excellent taste and a visual appearance to make your mouth water. It’s low speed for a reason and that reason is to produce quality!
- Fairly quiet – Many juicers are so noisy that all conversation stops the minute you start up, but with the Omega J8004 is quiet enough to even make baby food while they sleep.
- #1 Amazon Bestseller Juicer – The Omega J8006 is Amazon’s number 1 best-selling juicer in the masticating juicer category. It boasts the “Amazon Choice” label suggesting its a “highly-rated, well-priced product with Amazon prime shipping”. With that in mind how much better is the Omega J8004 with the slightly better price?
Easy to Assemble, Operate, and Clean – It is user-friendly too! From assembly to cleaning, it couldn’t be easier. The Omega J8004 comes with plenty of attachments and they are all simple to use and clean. When juicing you only have 4 parts to clean: The feed chute, screen, auger and collection bin.
- Huge Warranty – This juicer carries a 15-year warranty which is one of the highest warranties offered on a juicer. Now that is peace of mind for you!
- Economical – Since the juicer is so efficient at extracting juice, meaning less food is wasted, and with the huge warranty allowing you to enjoy 15 trouble free years, the Omega J8004 certainly is a good purchase to make. Even if the initial outlay is a big investment.
Omega J8004 Juicer Cons
- Not Dishwasher Safe – Yes, you read it right, the parts are NOT dishwasher safe. I found this the biggest issue with my J8006 even with only 4 parts needing a wash. The J8004 has the same issue, but many folks say they do put it in the dishwasher to clean the parts. I wouldn’t recommend this as the hardened plastic may not be safe afterwards or even discolour.
- Expensive but worth it – The price is higher than your average centrifugal juicer, but you knew that already. Here though, the J8004 is better value over the J8006 and so it is a good choice.
- Collection Container is Small – Granted this is not a deal breaker, but if you are making a whole load of juice you will find that you will need to empty the container regularly and keep adding it to a larger vessel so you get an even mix of fruits and/or veg.
- The feed tube isn’t huge – There are some models on the market now like the Breville 800JEXL or Omega NC800 / NC900 juicers which can take whole pieces of fruit, but the Omega J8004 needs to have food ready cut to feed into it. That means it is more time consuming to make juice than other brands – but think of the quality!
There really isn’t that much that I could find wrong with the Omega. It’s an amazing multifunctional machine and the small container and requirement to cut food down to size is of such small significance that I am happy to put up with it to ensure I get the best-squeezed juice from my fruit and veg.
The Finer Details
Again, there is nothing different between the two Omega’s here. It is a multifunctional machine, able to extract juice from food, nuts, and beans with its dual-stage GE Ultem Auger. It is made of plastic but at 8x stronger than most other plastics, so designed to work hard.
I have managed to grind my own nut butter from peanuts and even ground some coffee beans and it wasn’t difficult to clean afterwards. I know there is a whole lot more I could still be doing with my one but that excitement is yet to come.
Enzymes and the Cold-Press Juicer
I mentioned enzymes and the way of the cold press juicer before, but to refresh your memory or perhaps introduce you to another way of looking at your juice, the Omega J8004 squeezes the juice from your food as it travels down the Auger. This means your food is not exposed to a lot of air nor does it have a whole lot of froth.
According to some experts, this means your juice is better preserved and fresher for you. Like a cut apple goes brown, so the same way of thinking is applied in that the more that juice is exposed to air the quicker it begins to lose its freshness.
It is a massive debate and one I will not get into right now, but all I can say is that 72 hours after juicing and refrigeration and my juice is still fresh from my Omega.
The Omega J8004 Nutrition Center is equally as good as the Omega J8006. Nut grinder, spaghetti creator and baby food maker, but I use it for my juices and the fruit and veg is squeezed perfectly through this Juicer. Even Wheatgrass is suitably squeezed to produce that important nutrient-rich drink. I would certainly not be without it. The most difficult dilemma you face is to choose this model in white with a saving of $40-$100 or spending that extra money on going for the Chrome or Black plastic Omega.