Lots of people love the Omega J8006 Nutrition Center. Saying “It’s an amazing machine”, and “It’s the best juicer on the planet!” No really! On Amazon, the J8006 is the number 1 best seller (at the time of this review), and it got rave reviews.
Could this be the best masticating juicer on the market?
When you plan to buy a juicer, you will obviously be looking for something to match your own unique needs and desires, but don’t forget to consider the basic function of a juicer…
It is primarily to juice fruit or veg and gets the maximum amount of nutrients, enzymes and lovely juice with the smallest amount of waste. The additional features are secondary considerations but important to consider when the competition is so fierce.
But consider also:
The Quality of Juice, Price, Additional Functions, Warranty, and Overall Value.
It is the combination of these factors that will produce a juicer worthy of the title of Best Juicer and I think the Omega J8006 Nutrition Center may just win that contest.
Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Review
The Omega J8006 Nutrition Center is a low-speed masticating juicer, which is why it can extract a substantial amount of juice and doesn’t result in a lot of foam. In so doing, it protects and maintains the healthy enzymes, preventing oxidation and allows your fresh juice to be stored for up to 72 hours without degradation.
You can learn more about the pros and cons of Masticating and Centrifugal Juicers by visiting the Masticating vs Centrifugal Juicer link.
Let’s examine the Pros and Cons of the J8006 that I found to be the most important:
Omega J8006 Juicer Pros
- Designed for maximizing yield and minimizing waste – The Omega J8006 is a highly-efficient juicer which can extract nearly all of the juice content from soft and hard fruits, even the leafy greens! You’ll find the juice from the J8006 is rich in taste and vibrant in colour.
- Multifunctional – This is not just for juicing either. Being multifunctional it can be used to make baby food, homemade pasta, grind coffee beans, process peanuts into peanut butter and even grind your fresh spices to add flavour to your food. It’s certainly versatile.
- Juice quality is supreme in taste and nutrition – The dual stage juicer’s processor, extracts as much nutrition as possible, from all the foods you put through it, producing an excellent taste and a visual appearance to make your mouth water. It’s low speed for a reason and that reason is to produce quality!
- Fairly quiet – Many juicers are so noisy that all conversation stops the minute you start up, but with the Omega J8006 is quiet enough to even make baby food while they sleep.
- #1 Amazon Bestseller Juicer – The J8006 is Amazon’s number 1 best-selling juicer in the masticating juicer category. It boasts the “Amazon Choice” label suggesting its a “highly-rated, well-priced product with Amazon prime shipping”.
- Easy to Assemble, Operate, and Clean – It is user-friendly too! From assembly to cleaning, it couldn’t be easier. The Omega J8006 comes with plenty of attachments and they are all simple to use and clean. When juicing you only have 4 parts to clean: The feed chute, screen, auger and collection bin.
- Huge Warranty – This juicer carries a 15-year warranty which is one of the highest warranties offered on a juicer. Now that is peace of mind for you!
- Economical – Since the juicer is so efficient at extracting juice, meaning less food is wasted, and with the huge warranty allowing you to enjoy 15 trouble free years, the Omega J8006 certainly is a good purchase to make. Even if the initial outlay is a big investment.
Omega J8006 Juicer Cons
- Not Dishwasher Safe – Yes, you read it right, the parts are NOT dishwasher safe. I find this the biggest issue of the J8006 even with only 4 parts needing a wash, but for the best juicer in the market right now, it’s a small price to pay. (If this really bothers you, look at the dishwasher-safe Breville 800JEXL)
- Quite Expensive – The price is a big outlay. It is higher than average, and for those people not yet sure of the juicing lifestyle it may be a huge investment, but one which will certainly reap its rewards over the years you keep it.
- Collection Container is Small – Granted this is not a deal breaker, but if you are making a whole load of juice you will find that you will need to empty the container regularly and keep adding it to a larger vessel so you get an even mix of fruits and/or veg.
- The feed tube isn’t huge – There are some models on the market now like the Breville 800JEXL or Omega NC800 / NC900 juicers which can take whole pieces of fruit, but the Omega J8006 needs to have food ready cut to feed into it. That means it is a little more time consuming than other models – but think of the quality!
There really isn’t that much that I could find wrong with the Omega. It is an amazing multifunctional machine and the small container and need to cut food down to size is of such small significance that I am happy to put up with it to ensure I get the best-squeezed juice from my fruit and veg.
The Finer Details
When it came time for me to search for a juicer that I would be happy with and that would produce a high-quality juice for me, the Omega J8006 Nutrition Center really stood out.
I am not always a fan of multifunctional equipment because they tend to do all jobs mediocre but that isn’t the case here. The J8006 does all jobs very well!
The dual stage juicer produces a very dry pulp after extraction. This is achieved by it going through two pressing stages as the pulp travels along the auger. This was ideal for me. I have noticed that I have less waste and more juice. The pulp I always try to make something else with and because it is dry it means my lovely cakes and treats come out super tasty too.
The GE Ultem Auger is made from tough plastic too. It is claimed to be 8x stronger than most other plastics and I have certainly found it to work very efficiently and still looks like the day I bought it.
I have been trying some of the more ingenious uses for the Omega J8006 too. Grinding my own nut butter and making my own soy milk has been a pleasure. No effort at all and an easy clean.
I have yet to try mincing my herbs and spices and haven’t quite found the need to mince my garlic with such a powerful machine, but here’s waiting for a big party that I need to prepare for in the future and I may just give that a try!
I know some of my readers are not keen on the amount of plastic used in this machine, but I can really say that there has been no taste to any of it and I always ensure a thorough clean and dry before replacing anything back in the box. The only machine to use surgical grade steel is the Super Angel Deluxe and that really is an amazing machine, but the Omega J8006 is so cost-effective and multipurpose I think it is a winner despite the plastic!
Enzymes and the Cold-Press Juicer
Let’s talk briefly about the enzymes and the cold-press debacle. Using a Centrifugal juicer doesn’t destroy those important enzymes. This is a myth! What it does do is produce froth generated by the spinning cutter and it is this additional air which really affects the quality of the juice.
Remember how a cut apple turns brown when it is exposed to air?
That is the same for juice, more air means quicker deterioration and so those healthy enzymes will also be affected! The Omega J8006 has a low 80rpm masticating speed reducing the foam to near zero, so there is less oxidation and a better quality of juice.
The Powerful Gear Reduction of this juicer is equivalent to a 2HP motor resulting in little to no clogging and less heat builds up in the food too. This is all good for that ultimate taste sensation.
The Omega J8006 Nutrition Center is all manner of machine. Nut grinder, spaghetti creator and baby food maker, but I use it for my juices and the fruit and veg is squeezed perfectly through this Juicer. Even Wheatgrass is suitably squeezed to produce that important nutrient-rich drink. I would certainly not be without it and it sits proudly on my kitchen top ready for tomorrow morning and my super tasty freshly squeezed juice.
This juicer efficiently juices hard and soft fruits and vegetables without destroying the natural flavor and nutritional benefits.his juicer efficiently juices hard and soft fruits and vegetables without destroying the natural flavor and nutritional benefits.